Thursday, June 28, 2012

yarm yarm yarm...MEGA CARROTSS

Checked out the local farmers market today. It was pretty awesome. Pretty much everything was less than $2. That big bunch of carrots right there? $2. A basket full of sweet onions? $1! A squash thing and zuchinni? $1 for both. The most expensive thing was the POUND of walnuts for $5. Fresh from a grove about a mile from my apartment. Pretty dang sweet. I roasted some sweet baby red potatoes, carrots, and onions with rosemary tonight and tried my hand at pan grilling a chicken breast. I added a little too much seasoning salt, (which I think ill skip next time) but the chicken was cooked all the way through and I didn't burn the skin too much!

I've applied for a job that I might actually be getting. Of course I walked in and spoke with someone directly for the first time, and its the one I get in for an interview...no surprise there. Lots of paperwork and things required and I got em all in, went through probably 4 interviews with different managers in the company... I am still not sure if its a sure thing, I probably won't know until next week, but it seems like I might get it. I'd be a home care/companion for senior citizens. The job requires light housekeeping...and cooking. I think I can cook well enough, I just dont know if I can do it all on the fly with whatever ingredients the seniors might have available. Hopefully they will all want to eat hamburger helper! Haha, no I am so hard on myself. I am a much better cook than I give myself credit for. I know I am. I just wish I had the confidence.Well, we shall see what happens!!

I should really start working on my papers for school! And that thesis thing, of course. BLAH!

Good day today though, overall, I guess. Money is still ridiculous, but I am hopeful, and there have been a couple of blessings that look like theyll be keeping us afloat long enough to get to my student loan disbursement in august...

My leg hurts. Maybe I shouldn't sit so weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment