Sunday, October 13, 2013

deadlines twist

I'm stepping off the edge now.

I take one last look around; squinting at the ciphers written on silvery pots and pans, scattered around the room, half hidden in long, leaning shadows. Who would discover them next? I wonder. Its not for me to know, not to care, to think upon at all. It is so obviously a cliff hanger; a semi-colon in the middle of an unfinished sentence. How ironic; how tedious.

I'm snorting now. Inside, anyways. I feel those long, leaning shadows stretch, inserting themselves into the recesses of my mind as I move forward, over the end, away from that darkened room and into somewhere...new.

Where am I going? These thoughts play out in my head like muzac, steadily humming in the background, as my steps carry me forward. On and on and on.

I can feel the edges of my eyes expanding as I look ahead and the light penetrates. What is this aching? This melancholy intensity wrapping itself around me with a feather-soft touch? What a swirling, beautiful emotion, not felt but seen, not expressed but impressed, like smelling a far off flower shining with the purest light.

I'm jarred from this fantasy by a cascade of laughter, childish and obscene. Purity in its own right but not right for me. Go away, away, away! My brain screams at me. I turn back and I'm lost, all in an instant.

What dream is this? Sitting on the couch, headphones on and my face itching and red. Let me go back, where it is real. Really real. My eyes expanding...

Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment