Tuesday, June 25, 2013

D.I.D. I ?

Ah, finally finished the report. Shutdown computer. Plug in. Turn off lights. Trudge to bathroom. Remove contacts, wash face, brush teeth, head to bed. Lay down. 

A hundred faces flash though my head. Words spoken in other voices than my own. Actions I witnessed or performed from earlier in the day repeat, seemingly at random. Laying down, wishing I could sleep, I dwell on the feelings laid out in front of me, mostly inadvertently, by friends, coworkers...or even the briefest encounters with near strangers.

I lay here unable to let go of any of these other than my own emotions, actions, or ideas. I internalize them. I digest them slowly, randomly, and anxiously, wishing for the endless stream of information to end.

 I wonder what my own emotions are. Or rather, where they are. Oh where oh where has my little self gone? Come back, come back...

Or stay away...let me be empty of self or other. Let me be full of Grace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment