Monday, November 10, 2014

Transmarginal Inhibition (aka know your own limits)

What is worse, to know I'm stupid for crying,  or for still crying, even though I know its stupid?

An extroverted HSP.
30% of all HSPs are extroverted.
20% of the world population is HSP.

That leaves six percent.

Lovely. I take no comfort in being unique. It is horrible. It is the last thing I have ever actually wanted. I am so tired of it. So, so tired of it. Why must I feel everything so deeply? Why must I sit here and feel everything going on around me all at once, even without consciously thinking about it? Why must I brood upon future possibilities that I or others may or may not ever encounter? How come I feel so compelled to psychoanalyze the subtlest movements of an eyelash against someone's cheek? It doesn't matter. It doesn't help me function in the present moment, and it never will. All it is is a huge encumbrance. Its so hard to just stay focused on one thing at a time...it feels Crazy, so Crazy, so Crazy... I just wish there was someone who could understand. Someone who could hold my emotions for me, comfort me and tell me it will be ok, they know what its like, they know what to do... But where are they? They must be there somewhere, I just can't find them...I can't rely on anyone else with this...

Every tiny action I attempt feels weak, chaotic, and uncertain. I have no idea what I've been doing, what to do, or what I'm doing presently. Frazzled doesn't do it justice. Depressed doesn't do it justice. Dazed, disorganized, and feeble fail to do it justice.

At least writing this out seems to help process a little bit...someday the tears will stop again, I will recover myself a little bit, and plow forward again. Or end up in an institution. Only time will tell. Oh, how simple these words are! Simple and straightforward, just as I wish to be, and yet, I can't be. No matter how hard I try. The immensity of life overwhelms me so...it always has, I have just found ways to dissociate from it from time to time...focusing on others instead, focusing on nothing at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment